Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Comedy Movie to be produced - Stinky Tofu

I was inspired by an article "A First Encounter with Stinky Tofu!" from John Melendez on the LinkedIn.

Stinky Tofu [ST - 臭豆腐] is as someone put "a biological weapon developed in China," which is one of the featured dishes in Shanghai, Taiwan and many places. It is considered "a weapon of mass destruction" and some people suggested "it be banned by the Geneva Convention".

By the way, I love it, but my kids detest it. One time when we ate ST in the restaurant in Shanghai, my kids had to run to restroom for fresh air.

A story was told from a friend of mine...

One person heated leftover from the previous night dinner at workplace using a microwave. The leftover included Stinky Tofu causing the entire floor people being evacuated for a precautious measure... in the US.

One responder wrote: "Even after 6 years in Taiwan I still cannot stand the smell of it, but I miss it here back in Switzerland. ;-) "

I replied:

Thank you for your inspiring comments... a new brand of perfume will be born - "STINKY TOFU".

I'll talk with my IP attorney soon.

In fact, I was thinking seriously when John posted this Q&A... for people who live in Shanghai know that Yu Garden is one of Shanghai's tourist spots, which is also considered by many people in Shanghai the birthplace of the Stinky Tofu. Many famous world VIPs visited the Yu Garden including Queen Elizabeth II. I am pretty sure the head of the Commonwealth smelled the Stinky Tofu when visited there... there is a comedy movie that can be made of it... I've been looking for investors and screenplay writers...

Sources:
"Yu Garden: A World Famous Garden with Southern China Style"

"What are the challenges to become a professional screenwriter ?"

Article: "A First Encounter with Stinky Tofu!"

"Stinky Tofu"

No comments: